National Inclusion Carnival returning to Sydney in 2020
The AFL National Inclusion Carnival is returning to Sydney in 2020.
Held annually, the AFL National Inclusion Carnival brings together male footballers with an intellectual disability from across the country to take part in a week-long round-robin competition.
Footballers hailing from all corners of Australia will have the opportunity to wear the representative jumper, with teams from Northern Territory, NSW/ACT, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria Country, Victoria Metro, and Western Australia set to take to the field.
AFL NSW/ACT Community Football Support Coordinator, Leah Fitzgerald, said New South Wales is excited to host the Carnival for the second consecutive year.
“We’re delighted to have the opportunity to host the AFL National Inclusion Carnival in Sydney again,” said Fitzgerald.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming participants and their families from across Australia to this fantastic carnival and I can’t wait to see our NSW/ACT Rams boys take the field.”
The AFL National Inclusion Carnival will kick off on Saturday June 27 and run until Friday July 3.
To qualify for a team, players must meet the below requirements:
|Eligibility Criteria – Male
– 16 years or older
– IQ 75 or below
– 2 x deficit areas of adaptive behaviour
– Intellectual Disability must be evident prior to the age of 18
– A formal psychological assessment
– A signed statement by a psychologist or doctor which confirms a diagnosis of intellectual disability
– Proof of attendance at a special school/college for students with intellectual disability
– Diagnosis by state or government receipt of support, clearly identifying the support required as resulting from intellectual disability
Everyone is welcome! No AFL experience required!
To register your interest in the 2020 AFL National Inclusion Carnival click HERE.
If you would like more information, please contact Leah Fitzgerald on firstname.lastname@example.org